Full Stream Exercise Tips - Is Swimming to Lose Weight Effective?

Exercise Tips - Is Swimming to Lose Weight Effective?


Swimming is sometimes of the most underestimated exercises you can do to help you lose weight. Yes of course swimming is effective to aid weight loss, here I share a little story.

Last month I hurt my ankle so I couldn't do my usual stuff at the gym, so I thought I would go swimming instead. Swimming is gentle on all your joints so even if you have a sore ankle just like me, then swimming won't aggravate your injury.

I'm not a very strong swimmer so I just took my time to do the lengths up and down the pool. I was getting exhausted and many of the 'older generation' were swimming past me but this didn't bother me and I just kept on going, to swim for a full 30 minutes.

When I got out the pool and back into the changing area, a woman started talking to me, very friendly she was. She said she hadn't seen me before and I told her that I don't normally go swimming.

She told me that she goes swimming four times a week and does 60-70 lengths each time. She did say that she built up, over time, to do that many lengths as it is a lot. She said by continuously doing this every week, she lost of 2 stone in weight and without hardly changing her diet.

For personal reasons, she said that she missed swimming for the last few months and her weight gradually all crept back on. So there she was again on her road to lose her 2 stone again all by religiously swimming 4 times a week for an hour or so.

So yes, swimming is very effective to help you shed those pounds, but it's just like every other exercise regime, you need to commit to it 3-4 times a week, every week.

Claire has been writing articles for 6 years. Come visit her latest website over at [http://www.photosmartprinters.org/] which helps people find the best HP Photosmart Printers [http://www.photosmartprinters.org/] and information they are looking for when purchasing a home printer.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Claire_Bowes





0 comments:

Post a Comment